Fri, 10/15/2010 - 00:22
First-year activities are rewarded with feathers. The seven feathers are:
- Red Feather: Know and repeat before tribe all the real and program names of each Big and Little Brave/Princess.
- Blue Feather: Repeat all six parts of the Y-Guide/Princess AIMS before tribe individually
- Turquoise Feather: Recite the pledge of the Y-Guides and Princess program.
- Orange Feather: Arrange a night-off for mom/family member. Big and Little Brave/Princess plan, purchase, cook, and serve dinner. After serving dinner, Big and Little Brave/Princess do the dishes. To earn this feather, a statement in writing to the Tallykeeper must be furnished.
- Yellow Feather: Complete a 2-mile walking hike with Big Brave. This can be a tribe outing such as the Fall Outing at Camp Kanata. A report should be made at the next tribe meeting, each Brave/Princess telling of interesting things observed.
- White Feather: Complete one overnight camping trip with Big Brave (Recommended as tribe outing. Camp Sea Gull and Camp Seafarer do not count).
- Green Feather: Complete three craft projects with Big Brave. These can be completed over a period of time. The projects will be presented to the tribe upon completion. The three do not have to be presented at the same meeting. The Tallykeeper will keep an accurate record of the projects.